Sunday, September 21, 2008

Try a little tenderness..

I got my schedule for this upcoming week when I went up to work yesterday, and I actually work over 20 hours! I couldn't be happier. I know you're thinking.. 20 hours? That's it? But, in camparison to the 4 - 12 hour weeks I've been having, it was just shy of a miracle. I don't know what happened, but I have no complaints.

While I'm talking about work, I got a few things I'd like to say. When you go into a retail store, try not to be rude to any of the workers. We had a woman come into the store yesterday and snap at one of our managers for not being fast enough. How in the world is snapping at someone going to make them WANT to help you anymore? I don't understand people sometimes. It's similar to people who are rude to their waiters/waitresses. Being rude to them doesn't make things much better. More than likely, all that will happen is getting a new flavor to your food--their spit. I've been with different people when I've gone out to eat who were rude to the waitress, and I wanted to go apologize for my friends and explain that I didn't want any "extra" ingredients in my food. I think there is a better way to get things taken care of than speaking without your beloved filter.

Anybody have any good suggestions for an appetizer? Or maybe a good recipe? It's my turn to make the appetizer for the week and I'm drawing a blank. I could use some help. Also, if anyone lives near a J. Crew, you really need to stop by. We have some major sale pieces out, and for a limited time you get to take an additional 25% off all things clearance! Check it out! Well, it's time for me to wind down. I get to go to work tomorrow morning.

German word:

das Wochenende--weekend
.... which is about to be over :(

No comments: