Monday, September 29, 2008

Pump it Up


So last Friday I had the opportunity to be a little kid again. You remember those big blow up things that you could go inside and jump on? Well, imagine that, but 11 different ones, each with something different to do. There were obstacle courses, slides, and jousting. IT WAS AWESOME!! I did come away with a few um.. I guess you call them rubber burns? But it was worth it. Especially when I got to race people on the obstacle course. Let's just say I got a little competitive. Just a little.

I did walk away with a carpet burn as well, but that didn't really have anything to do with the sliding. It had to do with sheer stupidity on my part. Let me just explain--so there I was, stepping out of one the enclosed ones that had steps outside it. Well, let me point out that everything about the blow up thing is just that--blown up. Full of air. So, the "support walls" around the step down are also blown up. Well, I thought I might just sit down for a second and proceeded, without thinking, to sit on this said support wall. Well, I sat, or so I thought I was going to, and instead flipped over sides ways, landing on the ridiculously hard carpet. Luckily, I've learned to tuck and roll in these situations, and just rolled away with a carpet burn. And don't worry, I had 2 people talking to me when I did it. Fabulous.

Anyways, I have my interview tomorrow morning at UMC and am getting pretty nervous about it! I hope that it goes well. Keep me in your prayers if you think about it. I'll post later to let anyone know how it went. Ta ta!

German word/phrase:

Wie bitte?--Excuse me?

1 comment:

matt said...

Hope the interview went well!...I could've used "Wie bitte" earlier.