Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh the Irony

   So, I sat there and wrote a blog about procrastination and what did I do? I waited a stinkin' month and a some odd days to write another one. Wow, I am super on top of it, aren't I? I am so glad I can laugh at myself. I shouldn't be surprised at my lack of organization and dependability on things like this. In the words of my mom, "Such is life."

   Now that making fun of myself is out of the way, guess I can move on to the writing. Since my last post, I have acquired a new job at J. Crew. The first store to open up in the whole state! Watch out everybody! For any guys reading this, it's an all women's store. How silly, right? I mean, I don't have the biggest problem with it because I can wear anything in the store, but I do feel sorry for the guys who've been waiting for a J. Crew to come to town. We good ol' Miss'ippi folks have to take baby steps. On a better note, this job has some great schedules, I must say. I don't work full time (only management gets that glory) but I have random days off. I never work a full 8 hours in a day, either. I think the most I have worked is 6 hours, including a lunch or dinner break. Yes, yes, I know you're jealous. Oh, and did I mention the wicked discounts? I didn't? Well, just know that I am getting a GREAT deal on these pretty clothes.

   In other news, I am starting to get nervous about sending in my medical school application. I talked to a friend about it today, and I am a little on edge. This isn't my first go round at it, but if I don't get into school..... well I don't really have a plan B. So, I guess there isn't an "if" kind of situation going on. I am going to med school somewhere next year. Be it here or the Caribbean, I am doing it. I've been waiting a long time to hear someone say Dr. Day. That sounds pretty cool, doesn't it? Well, I guess I haven't considered the fact that you usually say Dr. in front of the last name. In other words, unless I tell you to, I won't ever get called Dr. Day. Well, crap. Guess I'll have to get me a big tricked out name tag.

   Has anyone been watching the Olympics? Haha, who am I kidding. That's like asking if anyone has had a mental thought today. Of course people have been. I have to admit, I got pretty emotional seeing our men's relays kick butt. Especially in the 400 m relay. Ah, when I saw Lezak out touch that guy at the end to be France by .07 seconds, I did a little dance! I mean, who are you "crushing" now, France??? yeah! NOT THE U.S.! *Click the title of this blog to watch the video* I think the reason I love the Olympics so much is that for once, people like to watch swimming. I think Michael Phelps helps things out a little bit. I'm no huge Phelps Phan, but you have to admit that guy can SWIM. I try to live vicariously through these swimmers, pretending that I should've stuck with it and made it there (because that could've happened and all.... not.) 

 Ok, I'm done ranting for the moment. I think my next post I'll include my adventures in first timer white water rafting. Who's excited?

This Day's gone like it's night.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Jason Nicholson said...

Day-I am imagining you at the Olympics!! I hope all is well in Jackson!! Check out our blog-lindseyandjasonnicholson.blogspot.com!! Have a great week!!!

Rebecca McKissack said...

Dayday! found your blog as i was checking out lindsey's. i have one too!