Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yes siree!

So today was spent my most favorite way ever: no work, getting up when I please, and hanging out at Borders to waste the afternoon away. Honestly, I know it sounds super nerdy, but going up to Borders or any bookstore and hanging out in the coffee shop has got to be one of the most relaxing times in my life. I will go up there to study (not that I have to do that anymore, haha!), read, or, my favorite, to talk with a friend(s). If you've never tried it, go out and do it ASAP. I know its nothing new, but that's what I like to do on my days off. Yes, yes, pass your judgement on my boring life, but what can I say? I'm easily entertained. 

There was a new guy (or I hope for his sake he was new) working in the coffee shop, and it took him few times longer than necessary to take my order. Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem for me. Shoot, I know that when I first started working on the register at J. Crew that I took "a little longer than necessary." This case was different. When I see someone struggling at the register, I try to make them feel a bit better. You know, crack a few corny jokes to make them feel better and laugh at the situation. I think my comment today was about the stamp "hiding" from you whenever you need it (you know, I have one of the frequent buyer cards that gets stamped and earns me a free one every six coffees). Well, it was a flop. He gave me the pity laugh (I thought only my good friends were allowed that privilege!) and then went about his business. Well, see if I make you feel better about yourself, dude! I walked away feeling awkward and unfunny. Not something I care for feeling. Ah, well, at least I can laugh about it later.

In other news, I have successfully submitted my med school application and have zero responsibility on that front. Cha-ching! I don't think I have ever had an easier time in my life than right now. It's like I've converted back to the summers in high school. Who knew I'd get that time again? I am over at my brother's right now, and he's getting ready to "fire up the grill" for some sweet action hamburgers. Jealous? This time of year is great for grilling out. Actually, the majority of the year here in Mississippi is great for grilling out. It's hardly ever too cold to grill outside. I think there are about.. hmm, what 6 days during the year that it's a problem? 

Oh, and get this, my friend Amanda, who works as a tech at a vet clinic down here, is making a "house call" to help neuter a cat.... and my friend Nikki and I get to go help here. Weird, right? I can't wait to see what that's all about. It will probably confirm my decision to never go to vet school if I had to take a guess. I'll take people over animals any day. 

Welp, I am gonna head to the kitchen and wander around to see if there is any sort of help I can be.

 

This Day's gone like it's night.

1 comment:

Spring said...

I can totally visualize the whole pity laugh situation in my head... and I'm laughing out loud!! So glad you're back on the blogging track, my friend. Oh, and if your life goes anything like mine, the calmest time comes right before everything explodes. Translation: grad school is kicking my butt. ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM WHILE IT LASTS!!