Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stop My Horse... Whoa Nelly!

Two posts in one week? Can it truly be happening? You betcha! That's what happens when you get to the point where your Friday night is spent watching a movie with your Dad on your weekend home. I watched No Country for Old Men. Good movie. Weird, but good. 

I just got home for a short weekend, visiting the parents, friends, and most importantly, helping with the shower thrown for Miss Katie Henry! I am excited to see her, as well as all my friends that I haven't seen in awhile. It's so refreshing to see those familiar faces that have grown so distant these past few months or years. Weddings aren't only bringing two people together--they're bringing decades of friendships to another stepping stone. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it's the only way I know how to put it. My friends, old and new, have become the core of who I am.  They talk; they listen. They help me discover so much about myself. I don't know where I would be without them to help me become the Chatty Cathy that we all know we really want to be. 

Speaking of Chatty Cathy, I recently discovered I've become one when I'm around my friends. I was actually called that twice today. Honestly, all my life I thought I was a decent listener. I tried to keep my comments about myself limited to only responses to questions. I thought I was doing a pretty good job. Then, as I got older, and by older I mean last year, I realized that I am not the great listener I thought I was. Don't you love getting a piece of humble pie? I'm actually the one who occupies most of the conversation. How did that happen? Who am I? Isn't it funny how the person you thought you were and the person you are, are no longer one in the same?  Can I ask another question knowing I won't get a verbal response? I've tried to, how shall I phrase it, "Simmer down now!" with the talking. There are a few friends who prefer it (God bless 'em). So to anyone who wishes I would stop with all the chatter, I'm working on it. For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, looks like I've got a few less people to worry about.. score! 

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I had a main objective to this blog when I started. Now, I'm to the point that I have no point. I'm having writer's block. Am I not too young of a writer to have that?Maybe I should move on to my next event for the night: sleep. 

This Day's gone like it's night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why thank you, i can say that i'm one of those rare folks that likes to just sit back and hear everything the other person has to say without hardly making a sentence so that's exactly why i'm thanking YOU!!! I totally enjoy our talks and don't stop being a "CHIT CHATTER" that's what i'm gonna call you, otherwise I won't know what to say hahaha