Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

These past few days I have had a lot of time to sit and think (because I've hardly had to work). I know--it can be a dangerous thing. I've been trying to think about all the things I said I was going to do, or just wanted to do, and figure out how to achieve them. One thing was learning another language. How cool is it to say you are bilingual? When I meet someone who can say that, well, I know I immediately want to be his/her friend. I guess I'm thinking maybe I can be cool by association. So .now, all you folks that are friends with me, maybe you will soon be cool by association as well. How, you may ask? Because Day Smith has gone back to her German instruction. That's right--German. The spit-on-every-other-word, rough but oh-so-beautiful Deutsch. I've already purchased a set of CDs from Borders (not Rosetta Stone, as I'd like to eat for the next two weeks). Maybe I'll start including a German word of the day.. or well, word of the blog.

Why, you ask? I believe firmly in the phrase, "Better late than never." I'm still young. I don't know if learning German will benefit me at all, but I'd like to think it will. For all of the people who think its too late to pick up something new, or something that was on your "To Do" life list, remember, it's not! Go learn how to play the piano, how to snowboard, or even do a flip-turn in the pool :) Make yourself proud. Ok, that's all I got.

Let's start off with an easy German Word:
der Apfel: Apple

This Day's gone like it's night.

2 comments:

matt said...

Ich wünschte, ich könnte gut Deutsch sprechen.

Matt and Blair said...

hey girl! Didn't know you had a blog! So glad you found me on here!!! Have a great day!