Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Week

Well, here I am, about a week away from leaving for Germany. I cannot believe it!

I've been buying and organizing and making lists--checking all of them twice. I haven't really started packing yet. I'm hopping on that train tomorrow. It's hard to believe that I'll be living in another country for 5 whole months. I'm so utterly excited about it. Of course, I'm scared to death at the same time. I've never been away from my friends and family for that long. Ever. I know I can handle it.. and at times when I can't, I have God to lean on, as well as several other people who will know how I feel.

I hope to update my blog quite often while I'm over there. I'm sure none of the posts will be super long; I'll be focused more on posting pictures. I promise to be better at posting than I have been while IN the U.S. Oh, and by the way, German language is pretty dang hard. I hope I can find my 2 semesters of German class buried deep in my brain. Maybe they'll just surface once I'm there? Hope so. Anyways, off to clean my room and resurface 23 years of memories. I'm sure that'll make my leaving the country SO much easier (not).

German word:
grĂ¼n--green (my favorite color!)

No comments: