Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why do I follow these trends?

It's the night before I leave the country for 5 months, yet here I sit, wide awake. Since I won't be able to write in my blog while I'm spending my first week in Paris (well, not much of post, at least), I decided to follow the trend and fill out this survey. Can't help but admit it keeps my mind off things!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Went whitewater rafting!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions in '08, and have you made some for '09? I honestly have never been into the resolution for each year. Boring.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A few people, actually
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thank goodness, no.
5. What countries did you visit? The U.S. of A. unless you count Epcot countries..
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Organizational Skills
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 24th-the day I found out I'll be going to Germany & October 15th-the day I was accepted into med. school
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think getting accepted into med school wins this one
9. What was your biggest failure? Not studying German as much as I should have
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not with these rock hard bones or killer WBCs
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new Macbook...ok ok, I didn't buy it, but I still got it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? With all the amazing friends I've been blessed with, I can't begin to describe each one and their amazing accomplishments!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The American majority who didn't educate themselves on the Presidential candidates and went in to vote blindly.
14. Where did most of your money go? um... J.Crew. And Borders. :)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The fact that I get to go live in Germany for 5 months, come home, relax a bit, and finally start the long trek to becoming what I've desired to be since 8th grade... Dr. Day.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Muse-Time is Running Out.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? I'm just going to say the same c) richer or poorer? I'm poorer, seeing as I no longer have a job :)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Traveling
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wasting away beautiful days outside
20. How did you spend Christmas? With the family+our new addition, Rebecca
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Hahahahahaha. seriously? hasn't happened yet.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, Scrubs
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I ain't a hater.
24. What was the best book you read? Well, this was the year of books for me. I have to say Twilight (I know, I know) or Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quintet
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Even though they've been around forever, I reallly started liking Muse.
26. What did you want and get? My beautiful little Macbook
27. What did you want and not get? um.. Rockband?
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Oh wow, I've forgotten all that I've seen. Probably, The Dark Knight.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 23 and I got to study for the MCAT. Yay! I had a delayed birthday party, if that counts.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not a thing.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Anything and everything J.Crew.
32. What kept you sane? Spending time talking at borders with Nikki or Amanda
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ooohwee. Christian Bale hands down.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Abortion and healthcare
35. Who did you miss? I missed my Grandaddy.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Like I'm falling for that. I met way too many awesome people to say.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I've learned this over and over, but it stills remains: family and friends make this life here on earth the most amazing. Not the place, not the time, just the people.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.." Jimmy Buffet

Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Matt and Blair said...

Congrats on getting into med school! I am so happy for you. I will def. be keeping you in my prayers for the long journey you have ahead. What kind of Dr. you going to be?