Friday, October 10, 2008

Who is that?

As I was flipping through the channels the other day, I passed by Bewitched. I got to thinking. You know what I've always wondered? How tv shows think they can pull off changing actors/actresses who play main characters mid-series. You know what shows I mean--Harriet on Family Matters, Vivian on Fresh Prince, Darren on Bewitched...I mean, really. I understand that for whatever reason the actor/actress couldn't fulfill his/her roll that they couldn't just stop the show. That doesn't make it any better though. I couldn't imagine being around when those shows first came out and I saw the new Vivian for the first time. I mean, hello? Who is that woman and why is pretending to be married to Uncle Phil. Did they do a disclaimer at the beginning of the show? The internet wasn't really there to throw the news around about what happened. And, I don't know about you, but I never like the second actor/actress as much as the first. They always seemed to have more attitude. Well, at least the second Harriet did. Good grief.

Moving along, I get to see STOMP live and in action this coming Tuesday. How cool is that? I didn't know they were coming to the MS, but apparently they are, and apparently I have a ticket. I hope they rock out like they do on youtube.

Well, I don't need to ramble anymore, so I'm out! By the way, I'm sending out letters asking for support for my Germany trip. Let me know if you're interested! Just comment or email me. Happy weekend!!

German word:
Schwester--sister.

1 comment:

prin said...

Sorry to comment on a really old post...

It's true about the actor switches. And the worst was on Roseanne when they changed the Becky and the minute the viewer got attached to the new one (Sarah Chalke), they brought the old, not-so-likable one back (don't remember her name...).