Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Week of Wonderful

So this week as been full of exciting events.

First, as a mentioned earlier in this blog, I got to go see STOMP on Tuesday. Seriously, if you've heard of them or seen them, like them or hate them, you've got to go to their show. They are AMAZING at what they do! It easily makes you want to get up and go join them on stage. I kept hoping they were going to ask for a volunteer from the audience. If you know me, you know I don't have a problem making a fool of myself if it gets me on stage. Who am I kidding. I don't have a problem making a fool of myself in general. Moving along, they make music/beats with everyday objects like trashcans, boxes of matches, newspapers, brooms, chairs... you get the picture. There was even a moment where three of them come out and have huge metal trashcans strapped to their feet. Awesome. Youtube them immediately.

After heading back to Columbus on Wednesday, I met up with my mom and headed to Birmingham. We made a pit stop in Tuscaloosa to hang out with the sis until it was time to hit the road and go see Michael Bublé!!! The pair of tickets were one of my dad's birthday presents to my mom. I saw MB earlier this year, but like I'd be dumb enough to not go see him again! Plus, even though my mom isn't necessarily a big Michael listener, all of his music was familiar to her since she's heard most of the original singers sing his songs. I will say that ol' Mike is a bit, shall we say, risqué with his commentaries between songs. But I let it slide because he's beautiful and I hope to marry him.. one day. For now, I'll just let him sing me to sleep.

After getting home late from Birmingham, I received my email of congratulations from UMC for being accepted into med school (as you can see below) and thoroughly freaked out. I mean, I was at the point where I couldn't even move. I still don't feel like it is actually happening. Ah! I'm actually going to be Dr. Day now.. no more joking about it! Thanks to everyone who prayed for me!!

Well, I guess that's all she wrote for now. Have a great weekend!

German word:
Bestimmt!--Sure!

1 comment:

matt said...

Bublé has nothing on Me.