Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's been awhile.

I feel like I haven't told an awkward moment story in quite awhile (or ahwhile, if you like to say your w's like that. you know like "hwhat?") so here's one or two that have happened.

One moment happened yesterday. I don't know what it is with me and Borders workers sometimes, but I just don't click well with them (I've written a blog about a nice guy who gave me the stone face at a joke of mine..). So needless to say, the setting of the situation was at Borders. So there I am, with not much to do the rest of the day but read, and I have all afternoon to do it. YES! My day is looking bright. So I walk up, order my coffee, and sit down. Oh, did I mention this guy who took my order might be "batting for the other team"? Well, being the only one of about 4 people in the coffee section, the guy making my "coffee" (a.k.a. white chocolate mocha) yells out at me if I want whip cream. I kind of take that as my cue to walk up there and get my drink. After responding with a polite, "No thanks," he starts adding a little white chocolate syrup (I think that's what it was?) on the top in a cool design. I say, "ooooh, pretty!". Did I really just say that? Why didn't I just say thank you, or just nothing at all! And his response? "......." yeah, that's right. Nothing. He looks me in the face, no smile, nothing. Pushes me my drink, and walks away. I wasn't being sarcastic. I thought it was pretty! So, I walked away feeling like a complete dork. Yay for Day! I shouldn't be allowed to leave the house alone.

Well, I think that's all I can feel worthy about writing right now... except for the moment today when I spit water all over myself at cycling class. yep. I took a big drink of my water, and before I could even swallow it, I choked on it. And what did I do? I spit it out. All over myself and the floor. Do I have a brain? I guess I had no other choice, but everyone in there looked at me like.... um, what just happened? Good thing the lights in there are off! Maybe no one got a good look at me when I left? Hahahaha.. I love my life. Good night everyone!

German Word
schlafen--to sleep

1 comment:

Spring said...

I can picture the cycling incident vividly... and it's hilarious. Thank you for that much-needed laugh.