Saturday, May 21, 2011

Irony

So I'm studying my rear off for my upcoming Step 1 test and thought I'd share a fun bit of information.

There is a disease called hemochromatosis, where you basically have too much iron in your body. Doesn't really seem too bad, right? Yeah, right. Minus all the really terrible things that can come along with it (i.e. liver cirrhosis, congestive heart failure, risk of liver cancer....) the weirdest side effect of it is this: you can have so much iron in you that you could set off a metal detector in an airport.

Could you imagine that? How would one go about explaining that to the fine folks in security? "Uh, well you see, I don't have any metal on me.. it's actually IN me.." Saying that would probably stick you on the no-fly list. Talk about worst airport stories. I thought it was bad enough having to take off my shoes. Guess I won't be complaining (as much?) anymore!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm officially taking my test on June 1st. I appreciate all the prayers.. I surely need all the help I can get!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Really?

:-D

Love you much, Lady!

Laura said...

Would that be a "Super Ferrous Woman"? Keep up the good work and studies, praying for great step results!MA