Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Holla Hiatus

I am back... for the time being. I've learned that when I have plenty of time to update my blog, I don't do it, yet when I have no time to update it, I somehow use my procrastination abilities to find time. Ridiculous. Sounds like most people, right? Let's hope.

Anyway, a few things of note:
1. I PASSED MY STEP EXAM!
2. I started my third year on June 6 and have already completed one full rotation.
3. Third year is 10,934,823 times better than second year (which was still better than first year).
4. I have already fallen in love with pediatrics.

So, I finished one rotation, peds, and I am now halfway through my psychiatry rotation. Specialties ruled in: peds. I learned that I actually really do like kids, and dadgummit I'm fulfilling the stereotype by saying that I want to do peds. You know what? I don't even care! I like kids and I don't care who knows it! I'm a girl! I can't help it! The biggest draw (besides helping kids, of course) is all the people who I worked alongside in the peds department here at UMC. I really enjoy how kind people seemed to be. Two thumbs way up!

Psychiatry is a really interesting field. I'll get back to ya more on it when I'm finished with it all. I sure do have some interesting stories and quotes from patients.