Monday, April 4, 2011

Rely on Him

Times are getting pretty rough for the UMMC med school class of 2013. We're finishing up class, which is a plus, but we're also less than 2 months away from the USMLE Step 1 test. It's a nasty test, but as a patient, you would definitely want your doctor to be able to pass this test. It covers our first two years of school in excruciating detail and is a huge marker for how well we will do when getting placed for our residency. OK, now that I've succeeded in scaring myself again, I think now would be a good time to ask everyone for prayers for my classmates and I. We need motivation, wisdom, strength.... but most importantly we need a reminder that God is in control of this all, and that even when this seems unbearable, we can make it through. I'd like to share a verse that my friend Wesley posted on his facebook last week:

"For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead."
2 Corinthians 1:8-9

Here's to knowing someone much wiser and more powerful is in charge.

No comments: