Friday, November 26, 2010

Why, thank you

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Why does time slip by quicker every year? Maybe it's only seeming that way because as I've gotten older I've finally realized how important each day really is.

Naturally, the holidays seem to fly by faster than the average bear day because they are the days we long for the most and spend endless amounts of time daydreaming about. We imagine what we'll do on our time off and who we'll see. I am guilty of doing all of these things... and then my jaw drops when I realize that those 4 days were a lot shorter than the 4 days I had imagined in my head!

Either way, I am thankful for any 4 days off--be they short or not. I am even more thankful that I get to spend the holidays with my entire family--Mom, Dad, Todd and wife Rebecca, Corky, and Caitlyn. I'm so lucky to live so close to them all. It's times like yesterday that I realize how much I love being so near to them. Praise be to God for giving me so much more than I deserve. I will surely come into his presence with thanksgiving in my heart.

Oh, and who's excited about Christmas season??? Let the decorating, shopping, and music begin!




No comments: