Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Inspiration

Here lately, I've been struggling with my positive attitude towards school. I know it's normal to wake up and not want to study for the day, but I've been having too many moments that make it hard to stay motivated. I have needed to change something and somehow give myself a reminder of why in the world I decided to go through this schooling and become a doctor. Now that our test week is over, I'm spending a little time searching for reminders. My first and important boost of reassurance lies at this website: http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/index.cfm

Doctors without borders. Seeing those top news articles about how so many people in this world are struggling to get proper healthcare reminds me that I chose this career in order to help those in need. In my essay for my med school application, I even wrote about taking my M.D. outside of the U.S. and helping countries that are lacking in healthcare options. There will never be enough doctors in this world. We will always be needed somewhere. Knowing that will help me push along this long path that I chose. Not only did I choose it, but God also chose it. That's some great rejuvenating juice right there! Hopefully more reminders will come along the way, but I know that I have people praying for me daily and encouraging me.

"You need preparing. You need arming. But most of all, you need constant, never ceasing vigilance."
Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"You know, a lot of people go to college for seven years."
"I know; they're called doctors."
Tommy Boy

4 comments:

Laura said...

You are an inspiration! God has many things planned for you, you just have to wait! Hard I know, have faith that all is going the way it should and that we love ya!

jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

OK. Third time's a charm, right?

What I've been trying to post on here for weeks is that the Smith women inspire me. Y'all are some of the most beautiful ladies I know, and I hope to be like y'all when I grow up.

I love and miss you, Tag!

Day said...

J.Chap, I just love your way with words :) miss and love you more!