Monday, May 17, 2010

Donations

Hey Everyone!

I'm currently trying to raise money for the Brazil trip I wrote about previously (click here to read it). I haven't had much time to get the word out, so I'm using all my resources now that school is out. I would absolutely love it if you would be willing to help me out financially. I honestly don't think I'd be able to thank you enough. If you read this and would like to donate (anything you're willing to give--be it $5 or $500), you can mail a check to my church. The donation is tax deductible, and my gratitude is everlasting.

If you choose to donate, checks can be made payable to First Baptist Church, and please write Day Smith on the memo line so they will know its a donation for me. We fly out on June 2, but it's ok if you still would like to send money after that. Here is my church's address:

First Baptist Church
P.O. Box 829
Columbus, MS 39701

Also, for those who would like to know more about what is going on, here is an excerpt from my support letter:

"First Baptist Church of Columbus is sending a mission team to the Pantanal, the world’s largest wetlands in Brazil, to minister to people living in very difficult and challenging areas. Our mission team efforts will involve medical, VBS Bible studies and ministry to children both at VBS and in the schools, evangelism and the construction of a new church for a congregation that does not have one. We will be working in conjunction with a Brazilian Baptist Church and its pastor, Carlos Alberto da Silva, who is a missionary pastor and part of the local Baptist Association."

Thank you for taking the time to read :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I know all will be provided. So glad you have the opportunity to do this.MA

Charlie, Courtney, Kate, Lucy and Sam said...

Yay Day! So much for "down time!" I'm so excited for you... thanks for letting us help! You will certainly stay in our prayers! Blessings!