Tuesday, February 2, 2010

for you, Germany

I am getting ready for bed so that I can get up and study more about the kidneys (trust me, you should looooove your kidneys for all they do). For some reason, I started feeling nostalgic for Germany.

I miss it. I can't believe I can actually say "this time last year..." about Germany. What? How? When did that happen? On Feb. 1 (guess it's really the 2nd), 2009, I was in process of learning the beautiful city of Dresden--learning places, people, customs, and culture... and still there is so much I didn't learn. Not until after I left. I pray for you Dresden, and for the Dietz family, and for Amy, because they are doing amazing things in that beautiful city.

Every time I think about that place, and those months, I tear up. Tears of joy? yes. Tears of sorrow? yes. Tears for fears? no. I changed because of you, Germany. I changed because of what God wanted me to do and become and see and believe because of you Germany. And I am forever grateful for you, Germany.



1 comment:

OleMissBabyDoc, M.D. said...

How beautiful... and waaaay better than renal phys and acid/base... :)