Sunday, March 8, 2009

Watch out for that.... drawing!

Soo......

We went out around Neustadt again this Friday. We ran into some of the same people we saw last time we went out and about on a Friday night. One guy, named Pyro, began talking to us because, as always, he wanted to practice his English. Isn't it amazing how God is using our lack of knowing the language to reach out to people? We asked if we could pray for him, and he said he didn't want us to do that, so we didn't do it in front of him. We were able to give him our email addresses and he has already contacted us all. The best news of all is about one girl named Lila (she is the one we met last time we went out). Last time we talked to her, she was very adamant that we not pray for her or talk about God with her. She just wanted to practice her English. This time, she was an open book. She told us some of terrible things that have happened to her in the past and her struggles with believing that there is a God. We were did our best to answer her questions, and when we were finished, we all prayed over her with her there this time. We also exchanged email addresses with her, and hopefully will begin to practice English with her. Isn't that great news? We've been seeking out relationships, and God has provided. Pray for Pyro and Lila, please. 

On a funnier note, I have an embarrassing story. We went to an art gallery opening at a local church here. Two of my teammates and I arrived right when it started, so we were looking to see if our supervisor had already arrived. We spotted him, and in my rush to go sit down (people were about to speak), I tripped over a set of drawings on the floor. Seriously. The artist had strategically placed several drawings on the floor (see picture below) and in my rush, I didn't even look down. Fortunately, I only stepped on 2 of them and nothing was broken... except my pride. It, at least, gave me something to think about while I listened to a woman speak German for 30 minutes straight.

Thank you, as always, for your continued prayer. The people here in Dresden need it more than ever, as well as my team and I!

German word:
genau--exactly

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a classic Day story! I love it! I'll be praying for Pyro and Lila!

Laura said...

So appropriate-the artist walks on art! As for beauty, it appears as if it is everywhere, especially if one doesn't forget to look down! Can't wait to see you-MA

prin said...

I'm glad people are slowly opening up. :)

And you know, there's nothing wrong with being reminded that you're human once in a while. :D

prin said...

Oh, and I hope you're safe, given the enormous tragedy today. :(

Day said...

I felt glad to make my mark in Germany!