Sunday, March 29, 2009

Encouragement

So, what's this? Two updates in less than one week? Well, I felt like dedicating an entire blog to my mom and sister's visit before posting this next one. The weekend of 20th and 21st was quite an interesting one. It was full of encouragement, more than anything, which just so happens to be what my team and I needed, more than anything. Let me see if I can fill you in with the abridged version without leaving out any important details. You can also check out my teammate's blog here if I've left out anything.

That weekend, we had a group of career missionaries come and visit us in Dresden. To see others who are in Europe serving Christ was, alone, an amazing thing. That wasn't the only reason I was encouraged by them. They came to Dresden to help us look at different methods of prayer walking and walked around the city in small groups with all of us. Each of the Hands-On girls was in a group with two older folks and prayer walked with them. They encouraged us by talking about the amazing things they saw going on in Dresden. I know that was a great thing for our supervisors to hear. I just had a full week of encouragement that week! Can I say encouragement enough?? Encouragement!

On top of all that encouragement, we were able to see two men come to Christ. One guy was a Neo-Nazi who has a major alcohol addiction. He is slowly relying on it less and less, but he still needs. His witness will be an amazing story to tell. The other guy's name is Benjamin, and he has his own struggles. Just pray for both of these men as attacks from the enemy will be really strong these next few weeks. That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be able to tell a little about Berlin in another post this week.

German word:
Frühling--Spring

2 comments:

Just an Average Girl said...

that's awesome!

Laura said...

I am so glad to hear you and your team are getting around the devil's antics and are getting things accomplished! Answered prayers are wonderful-keep on doing what you are doing. love ya