Sunday, December 14, 2008

Back in the game


Wow, was my last post really at the end of November? I'm embarrassed. I am nothing short of a slacker. My apologies to all you "avid readers" a.k.a. "bored-out-of-your-mind-begging-for-something-to-do-at-work readers." You know who you are :) I'm glad to be back on the blog field. My fingers are a little rusty, but I doubt that will make much of a difference. My first post back will be to talk about the wonderful event that took place this weekend: My Kage's beautiful wedding. It's still hard to believe she's already had it. I mean, she's no longer just Katie Henry. She's Katie Zumo! Ah! All I have to say is... welcome to the end of the alphabet, Katie bug!

Well, for those of you who didn't go, you missed out on much. The church was absolutely gorgeous-- and the ceremony gave you plenty of time to admire it. The rehearsal began at 5:30 on Friday, but of course I arrived late, along with Harper Ferg a few minutes behind me. BUT it being Katie's wedding, we didn't stick out like a sore thumb at all. The rehearsal dinner was so laid back. I absolutely loved it. The only light in the whole room was candle light. So many people gave toasts to Luke, to Katie.. and to Katie AND Luke. It was truly an honor to hear the love each of them has given and received from all their friends and family.

The reception was my favorite part because I was finally able to see so many people that I hadn't seen in awhile, and even take a most obvious picture with a few of them. I mean, seriously, we blocked one of the walkways so that we could all get in a picture together. I love my life. It was worth it to all get together... I mean, who knew so many people from Heritage class of '03 were gonna make it to the big easy?? I think maybe a fourth of the class was there? (even if that's only out of about 50 people....)

Katie was such a beautiful bride, as was expected. She was all smiles as the Priest announced, for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Luke Zumo! That's yet another close friend who I've watch make one of the happiest decisions of her life. Well, that's all I need to write about this. Congrats my Kage!

German word:
lau--lukewarm.

No comments: