Monday, March 29, 2010

That small break in spring..

Well, I'm already in over my head with school and missing every moment of spring break! It was one of the best spring breaks of my life--for several different reasons. One of the obvious reasons being that it was a break from medical school and tests... the mental hiatus was certainly needed.

So what all did we do while we were there? I can't even remember everything we did, but I'll attempt to give a brief synopsis:

We did most of the typical touristy things you can do in Chicago. We went to the top of the Sears tower (Willis tower.. whatever), saw Lake Michigan, walked the Magnificent Mile, and ate deep dish. We visited several different museums:
The Museum of Contemporary Art (my definition of art was put into question... or maybe other people's definition of art should be put into question)
The Field Museum (saw "Sue" as well as some pretty cool diamonds--including one that was over 100 carats!)
The Art Institute (much more artistic in my opinion, and I was much more appreciative)
The Museum of Science and Industry (coolest museum I have EVER been to. I want to work there because they actually show people that science can be FUN!)
We also visited the Adler Planetarium, which taught me a whole heck of a lot about stars and Chicago accents.
Lincoln Park was pretty cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed walking around areas outside of downtown. I felt like I saw so much of the city, but there was still so much more to see.
We saw the cloud gate (aka mirror beany thing) and the really cool amphitheater right by it.

The food and company was the most amazing part. The weather was gorgeous and in the 60s all week until Saturday... when it snowed?! I could definitely go back up there for some more. It's a big city, but with people there that are down to earth and very friendly. On our ride to the hotel, we already had locals giving us suggestions on where to go or not to go. Not many people commented on our accents (thank goodness), and I hope I get the chance to go back up there soon!

Pictures soon....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I had a great time in Chicago with my two gals. Hopefully we can do some more trips like this. Do well studying this week for tests but take time Sunday be refreshed in Gods' house as we celebrate his wonderful resurrection. I'm so thankful for his sacrifice so that we may have a relationship with hime!