Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Edited

Things have been a little more laid back these past 2 weeks. We've only had one test since the dreaded test debacle, and it could have been worse. Most of my class took it easy this past weekend, and we're now putting our noses back in the books to get ready for the tornado of December. We'll have a test in Phys and Histo the first week of the month, then Monday Dec. 7 we'll have our final gross anatomy test, followed 2 days later by the board exam--and then we'll be done with gross anatomy foreverrrrrrrrrrr!!! (assuming we all pass :/) then one week later we'll have a cumulative biochem exam, followed by the biochem board exam that friday, Dec. 18. SO, in other words, I ask that you keep my classmates and I in your prayers--that we'll finish strong and finish well. All I care about is passing, honestly :)


Moving on, I'd like to mention the fact that I've now been back from Germany longer than I was over there. I can't explain how weird that is to say out loud. It's unbelievable that the same amount of time I was in Germany has already been spent in America again. I wish words wouldn't fail me, but sometimes there's no explaining feelings. As I mentioned in a previous post, I haven't allowed myself to fully dwell on my time there. With school starting so soon after I got back, I didn't think emotionally I could handle it. So I avoided thinking about Jan-June. And here it is, November 17, and I'm still avoiding it.

Don't get me wrong--I haven't forgotten. No way in this lifetime could that happen. And I don't neglect thinking about Germany at all--on the contrary, I am reminded of it in little ways every day. I just refer to the whole experience--the things I learned, the memories I made, the lessons that were taught, the smiles and laughter, and of course, the tears. There's just.. gosh, why can't I put this into words? I just can't handle all the memories rushing back to me at once. I pray that God will show the right time, and I will eventually stop adding layers of bricks to the wall around the memories. Maybe I'll let them come bursting through. For now, I focus on my studies and relish in the fact that I changed in Germany, came back an "edited" version of me, and will hopefully allow myself to change more--for the good, of course. The world is big, and I'm ready to see more of it.


I'm including some fun shots of my teammates and I on our many adventures throughout Germany. We had some fun times with the camera. The last few pictures are some shots of the beautiful country that I do miss, and I hope that I'll have the opportunity, once more, to photograph it.





2 comments:

Sarah said...

uhhh where are we in our picture? Well whatever it is I look like I was laughing so hard I was probably crying too. hah.

Yeah, it's more than weird that we've been back longer than we were there, it seemed like a lifetime.

Day said...

hahaha, the pic is from our fun time on the leipzig tram when i was somehow like 5 inches higher than you? and this is one of the many pics we attempted to take since, naturally, we both busted out laughing. many times. :)

and how has it been so long since Germany? how has it gone by so fast?!