Saturday, August 15, 2009

A week through doctor land

typing as I'm thinking..

So, I've been a little absent from the blog world. A lot of things have been occupying my time--mostly school. I had a week long orientation last week, being overloaded with random information that I couldn't recall if you asked me to. It's ok, though, because who needs it anyway? Well, I hope I won't really need it. I met several of my new classmates and found out how many were feeling the same things I was feeling--anxiety, excitement, etc. I made it through the week, which was harder than I expected due to the lack of sleep (remember, I'm the get up around 10:30 or 11 type person).

This week began with classes. They hit in full force. I'm talking category 5 hurricane. Here I am, on Saturday, spending the lovely day inside, reading notes on my computer from lectures. We have our first block test this coming Wednesday, covering 3 different subjects. One of the subjects is Biochem. I was quickly reminded of my loathing for this subject.

I've been out of school for a little over 2 years now, so when I walk into my classroom and see over 100 computers staring back at me, I'm still caught off guard. Everyone has one (requirement, of course). You won't see anyone (almost) taking notes by hand. I actually haven't even bought a notebook. I wonder how long that will last.

Anyways, I will try to update here, but my life won't be particularly interesting over the next 4 months. We start gross anatomy next week, so I'll steal my first glimpse of my future dissectee. Maybe I'll find something neat on my cadaver in lab to tell you all about. We'll see. Anyways, hope everyone else is doing well.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Day- I know it is hard to get back into the rhythm of studying and tests but know the final goal is achievable! I am praying each nite for you as well as others-love ya-MA