Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson

Ok, my friend Lauren wrote a post about this awhile ago, you know back when it happened. I'm not trying to copy her, but seriously people... Michael Jackson was a singer. He was not a god; he was not a hero; he was not really all that great of a guy, honestly. He WAS an amazing entertainer, but that about covers it. After seeing about 10 minutes of his memorial service on TV today, I was fed up. Who are these random famous people giving speeches because they were such close "friends" with him? Why do they act like Michael Jackson was the only good thing to happen to this world?

I don't see the men and women dying for our country getting a highly publicized memorial service. The people who are, you know, actually doing something for our nation. I feel like everyone forgot the looney, slightly disturbing things Michael Jackson did, i.e. holding his baby over a rail. I am not saying he doesn't deserve nice things said about him, or he shouldn't be recognized for the way he changed music. I just wish that people would remember he was just a person, like the rest of us, and not an idol to be worshiped. So CNN, Yahoo!, etc., report on the news! Michael Jackson is dead--it's not news anymore. Thanks.

1 comment: