Monday, July 20, 2009

Miss Mississippi

I went to Vicksburg, MS this past week/weekend to support my sister in the Miss Mississippi pageant. There's isn't quite that much to do in Vicksburg, so we actually only spent 2 full days there, while commuting from Jackson on the other days. Caitlyn won a talent prelim on Thursday and was easily the most talented girl who competed in the pageant. Yes, I am biased, but I know plenty of less biased people who will agree :) Anyways, she didn't end up making the top ten (what a rip off), but she's doing her best to make the most of what she learned last week for future years. I know she's got a lot more up her sleeve! 

During the days I was in Vicksburg, my mom and I went and visited the Mississippi River where I was able to take some fun shots. We also visited a battlefield park (memorial for the Civil War) where my mother and I thought we were going to be stuck there as we could NOT find the exit. We saw plenty of memorials several times. Anyways, here are some pics. Mississippi is a beautiful place!



No comments: