Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So Kalt

Well, I’ve officially attended a German Baptist worship service. Naturally, I didn’t actually understand anything going on, whether it was during the worship songs or during the message. I also was fortunate enough to be there when their annual business meeting took place…which lasted an hour and a half. In German. Let’s just say I got some quality Bible reading in on Sunday. They also serve lunch, consisting of several types of dishes. No worries for I tried everything on the table. After church, my 3 teammates, Jason, Cheryl, and their kids, all had an English worship service at home. I can tell that this will definitely be needed the longer we are over in Germany and start craving a worship service that we understand ☺ For now, I want to thank you all for your prayers. I have seen some of them answered! With this cold weather here (we actually had a decent snowfall last Saturday), I am surely starting to miss my Mississippi weather!


German Word:
Schnee—snow

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hope your boots keep your feet warm and you learn more conversational german! I think ya'll are doing an awesome job! We will continue to pray for each of you>