Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gehen

My friend Amanda encouraged me in an email I read a few days ago. She was at church and her pastor spoke on Mark 6:30-44 - 5 loaves and 2 fish. To quote her, “He was talking about nothing being impossible for God - he said that the Lord calls us to the impossible to produce through us the supernatural. He was saying that some people are motivated by comfort (happy and content where they are, and even if the Lord says move, they won't) - he said that God sometimes pushes us to uncomfortable places to produce the impossible for His glory.”

I just want to encourage anyone who feels comfortable and content where they are but feel God asking them to do something outside their comfort zone—do what He asks! You might THINK you are content, but when you’ve seen what he has had in store for you, you’ll realize you never knew the definition of content. I couldn’t be more excited in knowing that, even though I left all of my family and friends to move on with their lives for 5 months, I’m serving where my Lord wants me. To do what HE asks, and to do what HE desires me to do is the why I exist.

In other news, we've officially seen the university here in Dresden. It's a lot smaller than say, Mississippi State, but it's a decent size now that I've walked all over it. We're hoping to put up flyers offering to help with English. We haven't found much space on campus bulletin boards, but hopefully we'll figure out something. I feel really good about visiting the University! Check out my other teammates' blogs for more details.

p.s. I REALLY miss warm weather, as well as a MS blue sky.

German word:
Entschuldigung--Excuse me/pardon me/sorry

1 comment:

prin said...

I was talking about comfort with somebody the other day... Sometimes, people give up a certain level of comfort and feel like they're sacrificing a lot when really, what they've given up is the easiest part of their life to give up, you know? They're willing to get their hands dirty, but not their entire body and then some. Being driven by self-protection makes it extremely difficult to break out, but once you leave your shell, I can't imagine it's easy to return to the state from which you came.

Anyhoo, good luck over there.:)