Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why Not?

So, after following in the footsteps of my friend, Lauren, I decided to start the whole "blogging" thing because I have no responsibilities right now. In other words, I'm being a bum and reading all day, so now is the perfect time to have a blog, right? I've never been a big writer, mostly because I've never been a big reader. Lately, I've proved the latter half of that statement very wrong. Why not prove the former half wrong, too? I know this blog is going to start off a bit rough, but hopefully I'll get into the habit of writing. Hopefully. 

      So anyways, what am I going to start off writing about? How about the fact that I'm getting ready to go cycling class, and I'm pretty much dreading everything about it. Don't get me wrong. I love working out because of the great effects it has on my health. Its the actual process of working out that I don't like. I LOVE the feeling I have once I'm done. The aching, exhausted, I-feel-good-for-actually-doing-something feeling. I keep thinking that once I get some sort of routine going I'll actually enjoy it. Problem is, I've been out of routine since I was oh, a junior in high school? Not a good thing for a 23-year-old. So maybe, just maybe, I'll remember how much I'm paying a month for the gym and do my best to get my money's worth.

      I was actually pretty proud of myself today. Lately, I've gotten into this rut where all I do is sit around the house, read, run maybe one errand during the day, and pretend to do some sort of work out. Well, today I actually got off my bum, ate lunch with Kari Ann, ran several errands, and am currently getting ready to work out. I also have an interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm almost done with my medical school application. Score! Looks like I'm one step closer to a routine. Also, a random thing happened today while I was at Borders. I went in to buy a coffee and a book (my most favorite thing to do) and ended up paying a total of $1.38 for everything. Pretty awesome, right? Guess when you use all the things you've earned, things like that happen. 

      Well, I'm off to run an errand for the bro. Hopefully I'll have more interesting stuff to write about next time! 

 

This Day's gone like it's night.

No comments: